Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's in a Gift?

So Justin's friends Mike and Brittany (of course they're my friends too now :) ) are getting married in about a month and this weekend is Brittany's bridal shower. The "theme", or general idea for gifts is of the household persuasion, and I have no idea what I want to give.

First I considered wine glasses, but I don't think that they drink much wine so I don't want to get them something that won't be used. Then I thought about a crockpot, but felt like it was too older ladyish of me (despite the fact that I was thrilled to get mine for Christmas a few years ago). I want to find something hip, modern, something that not everyone else is going to be getting a similar version of (no toasters or pots and pans from this girl).

I enlisted Emily for some ideas on the matter, and she shot back an email chock full of possibilities. I think that the two of us are going to make a shopping date for Saturday and hit up Hamburg for Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linen's n Things. Maybe even Bath and Body Works depending on what I decide to theme my gift as.

I love putting gifts together for people, especially on these occassions because it's a special time in that person's life and they're going to appreciate and remember everything that they get commemorating it. Hopefully my warm wishes of a long marriage will be conveyed and I'll get a smile and a thank you for it. But really, the payoff is when you actually see your gift in use :)

No comments: