Monday, April 6, 2009

Rev It Up!

I want a fast car. Not that this is a new revelation, just one that usually sits on the back burner until I've either a) spent the day at the track with Justin and friends or b) watched The Fast and the Furious for the thousandth time. Yesterday I happened to do both. Thus my overwhelming yearning for a hot, fast, six-speed car. In any color but white or yellow.

I really don't know much about cars. I ask Justin questions all the time but there are so many parts and such involved in the answers that they make sense as I'm listening but I couldn't repeat back any of the information and it sound relatively sane. Off the top of my head, I can say these few things though- I know when a car has NOS, I know when it's got a turbo and I definitely know what the sound of a broken rear end and/or drive shaft is. I also know that the low rumble of a beast of a car makes me smile. And want to drive it. Quickly. Preferably without running into any cops.

As we were walking around the track yesterday, I told Brittany that one day I'd have a car to bring to race. She asked jokingly if I wanted to take the Rav down a time or two and I laughed. I told her that being the kind of person I am, I'd have to have a car just as good, if not better than the boys. Cause I would not be that girl. The "oh, you're just a girl" girl. Blame it on my tomboy-ishness, blame it on my sheer stubborness, but I've never been one to take the implications of "you're just a girl" well. Yes, I appreciate doors being opened for me, and yes I appreciate when someone gets something off the high shelf for me, but I'll be damned if you think I have to depend on you for things. I am and have never been ashamed to climb shelves and scoot heavy things with my feet just to prove the point that I can do it my own self. *Breath* But I digress.

I told Justin after we'd been home for a while that after I'd built him his nice working garage, I wanted said fast car. And although I wouldn't be the first choice at being put to work as a mechanic, any modifications that were done to it I wanted to be involved in. Even though most of them would be a "put the wrench there and turn". Of course his response was pretty much "I'm not gonna tell you no". Cause for him, it's one more toy to play with :)

No comments: