Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Bucket List

For those of you who have seen the movie "The Bucket List", then you know what I'm talking about. If not, it's a list of things that you want to do/accomplish/witness/say before you kick the bucket. Although it may be a little premature for me to really be calling my list a true bucket list, it's definitely a list of events and actions that I want to accomplish in life. I have to admit that aside from the movie, I was also inspired by Flo's friend Corrine's blog "101 Goals in 1001 Days." I myself don't have a set number of goals, nor do I have a specific timeframe in which to complete my list since I figure I'll be adding to it as time goes by. But so far, this is what I have:

1-Mail one package a month to deployed soldiers
2-See the sunrise on a different continent
3-Fly across the ocean
4-Take my mom to see the ocean
5-Make a scrapbook of an important event
6-Talk the family into an updated family portrait
7-Make a quilt for a loved one
8-Build a sandcastle
9-Make a baby smile
10-Get my conceal and carry license
11-Watch all the movies on my 'want to see' list
12-Meet someone famous
13-See a live performance of Phantom of the Opera
14-Attend a Broadway show
15-See New York City during Christmas-time
16-Read all the books on my 'want to read' list
17-Take a donkey/horse ride into the Grand Canyon
18-See the Aurora Borealis
19-Make a family tree
20-Hold a koala cub
21-Visit at least 2 of the 7 new wonders of the world
22-Kiss in the rain
23-Go on a cruise
24-Give my future husband a stack of letters written to him during our courtship
25-Snorkel off an island
26-Go parasailing
27-Write a thank you note to someone who greatly influenced/helped me in life

I've been thinking of at least one more thing to add every few days. Hopefully I'll be able to start marking some off very soon. It's always the little things in life that give me hope :)

1 comment:

Flo said...

I love lists! Your bucket list is quite wonderful, I love that so much of it has to do with getting out and seeing the world :)