Monday, February 4, 2008

Ah, those Mannings

I preface this post by saying that I am a Bengals fan first and foremost. Carson Palmer and TJ Houshmandzadeh will always be my top picks. However, I cannot deny Peyton Manning the fact that he's one of the best quarterbacks out there, in my opinion. With this said, i would have rather seen him and the Colts in last night's matchup, however I'm happy that it was his brother Eli that was able to kick Tom Brady's ass. Granted, it's not like it was a blowout by any means, but I'll call a win an ass kicking if I so please, three points up or not.

I admit that I didn't watch a lot of the game due to a combination of peopel standing in my line of sight and just conversation with meg, Dre and Michael. I didn't even see a lot of the commercials actually. And I think this is partially because there weren't really that many that caught my eye long enough to keep me watching. The Dalmation training the horse, Justin Timberlake, and the Dortios commercial are about the only three (well besides the Cashews one that was just disturbing to me) that I fully remember. Budweiser definitely did not have an equal to last years "Rock, Paper, Scissor for the last Bud Light" and then the guy gets hit over the head with a rock.

It really comes down to the fact that Super Bowl Sunday gives friends a chance to get together and spend quality time bonding over football, food, beer pong, pool, whatever. Although Meg and I are convinced that it shoudl be Super Bowl Saturday that way so many people don't have to call in to work on Monday because they've got a hangover :)

1 comment:

Flo said...

I watched the Super Bowl only because my cousin is Junior Seau and he was playing for the Pats. I have to admit I was heartbroken when they lost, because he's been to the Super Bowl 3 times and has never won. He left retirement this year to try and get a ring with the Pats. Oh well, the best team won that game :)

Anyway, I really wish I'd had someone to watch it with. It was just me, the dog, and the chinchillas sitting on the couch. lol